Saturday, August 23, 2008

Over a year

WOW, I can't believe it's been a year. What a year it has been. We have closed Montrex down now and it was harder than I ever dreamed it would be. For months - since last fall - each week was up in the air...will we close this month or not. We finally just reached the point after Christmas when dad made the choice to close it all down. The building went on the market and in 3 weeks it was sold. UNHEARD of really! There was property that surrounded us that had been on the market for over 7 years and we sold in 3 weeks! Only Pappa can do that!!!!

So this blog is just to get things up and moving again and over the next week or so, I plan to review this past year and ponder some of the things that have taken place and where things seem to be headed. Not that I have any idea about the future!

But it has taken me months to get to feeling more "normal" emotionally and spiritually. I've known some hard times - suicidal death of a co-worker and all that came as a result of that, including testifying in court, having my heart broken - not just in a romantic way but in the loss of my mom to mental illness, the loneliness of being out west with no family, the loss of some dreams, and having work situations where there was behavior that bordered on abusive. But this past year has been the most difficult. That's what I'll be writing about mostly. So, if you want to walk this road, check in often or sign up for an e-mail update.

I'm also getting back on track with my crafting blog if you have an interest - check it out!

No comments: