Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I wonder what it looks like.....?

I was just pondering last night about what things look like in the spiritual realm. With books out like "This present darkness" which ponders the same thing I let my mind wonder to what would it look like. One crazy thought I had was do we who are followers of Jesus Christ look like torches in the darkness of this world. I could just see a room that is filled with darkness and those who dwell there and in walks a follower of Jesus - a torch - filling the room with light and causing the creatures of darkness to scatter - at least for a moment because of the blinding light. Then I wondered, what if you believe in Jesus but aren't living for him, what would that look like and I could see these little coals that are barely warm - giving out very little light and how the darkness didn't scatter from it. It moved away but not far.

Even if the creatures of the darkness scatter from a torch they still tend to put on some sort spiritual sunglasses to keep the light from hurting their eyes and come after the torch - trying to smother it with a blanket of shame, condemnation or judgement. Or pour water filled with bitterness, anger, hate or inconsistency on the torch. Yet if the torch will cry out to Jesus - He comes and removed the blanket or dispels the water. If the torch doesn't cry out - the flame may grow dim or have a portion put out.

Anyway, that was my pondering last night!

No comments: