Friday, September 19, 2008

Going Deeper

God has taken me a little deeper than I communicated last night and thought this a.m. "I need to blog this too don't I Lord" ~ so here's some of the deeper stuff.

About 2 weeks ago in Cleansing Streams a wonderful sister hit the nail on the head as I was wrestling with what was going on in my relationship with the Lord. A husband needs to be respected. I was not respecting the Lord as my husband. I came home that night and asked for all the ways I was being disrespectful and my loving Husband told me. So I repented.

This a.m. my Beloved was showing me how the anger I felt toward Him for not "rescuing me the way I want to be rescued" was the root of my disrespect. We had already been talking about some of the anger stuff and I KNOW that the peace I have now is because I'm not angry with God for being God and not following my agenda. But with that anger, I was reminded of how many times I've been able to see when someone is angry with God and have talked to them about 'forgiving' God. Deep within us is that flesh that desires to be God ~ that part that came into existence in the Garden of Eden ~ and when we get angry with God, we are so arrogant to think that God, the Creator of Heaven & Earth, the Redeemer of our Souls, the Counselor who abides in us an creates a new heart in is - that this Holy, Righteous God is suppose to do what we want, when we want, how we want. Now, don't think this is a new revelation to me, I've known that this is a lie from the pit of hell, however, somehow this time this went to a deeper place. A place that asked God to forgive me for even thinking that I should have those type of expectations. It went to a place that I could physically feel deep in my spirit and did only what God can do - it somehow changed something.

May this be of encouragement that when we reach places in our lives where we are wrestling and hurting with why things are the way the are ~ that God desires to come in and go to a deep place and change something. Our role ~ to hear with spiritual ears, repent of sin, and honor Him as the Holy One of Israel.

1 comment: