Thursday, September 18, 2008

Peace in the Storm

I'm not sure how to start this blog but I know I need to write some for me mostly but also in case anyone is reading these. As I'm interviewing for different jobs and waiting for the Lord to show me how He'll pay the bills, I'm at peace. At first, I did wonder if this was denial but I now can say, it really is peace. In fact, I'm not letting myself really think about it much right now. Instead, I'm focusing on the things I'm suppose to be doing for family and friends. And most importantly, I'm spending more time in the Word.

Cleansing Streams and Living Beyond Yourself are walking me through the same process right now but from different angles. I'm spending some time just reading in John as well. I wish I could tell you that I spend hours upon hours in the Word and reading, but that's not the case. I do spend more time but I'm also busy doing other things - for people that I love.

I realized that I'm actually ready to get back to a routine with a job. Up until now, the thought of going to a job was depressing. But now, I see my mind resting, my spirit at peace, and Jesus is healing my heart, thus work doesn't seem to be so overwhelming. Now as to what work I do, don't really care. AND in addition, I'm ok with just working part time for a while if that's what is best for me. If anyone would have told me 8 months ago that I would be in this place now, I would of told them ~ "you're crazy" ~ this can only be to God's glory and for His purposes.

It's been a LONG time since I felt like God 'liked' me or 'loved' me. I think that the circumstances have been so difficult that I lost my perspective. I know I lost my motivation and my desire to be with God just to be with Him. I recently described it like being in a marriage where you are in a season where you are going through the motions, doing loving things but with no real love behind it. Being in a place with your spouse where you talk about the things of the day but don't talk about heart matters, dreams, desires or adventures. I've wanted to fall back in love with the Lord but have not known how to go about it. What is so wonderful, is that He has come after me and is showing me in so many wonderful ways that He likes me and He loves me ~ or as the author of THE SHACK put it ~ He's especially fond of me!

The Creator of the universe, the God of Abraham, the King of Kings, the Comforter, the One and Only, the Great I Am, meets with me daily to tell me that He likes me, that He loves me and that He will be my protector, provider and Beloved. It just doesn't get better than this here on earth!

No comments: