Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Alone Again?

What a disappointment I had today! I LOVE my new job. I've been there a month and I'm enjoying the work and the people. Then today my boss tells me that he is going to spend most of his time in a different building and a different office. The disappointment is that it puts me working alone - again! Just like when I was at Montrex and spent most days by myself. The big difference this time is that I won't have any freedom in that alone time because it's not my family's business!

So I've been really feeling the disappointment. It's not like I want my boss around all the time by any means but from what I understand, it will be more like he's never around. We'll conduct all our business over the phone or by e-mail. And that leads me to ask the question...so God what is this all about?

Oh, I know my boss has some personality things going on and that this is not about me in any form or fashion. He did the same thing with the previous secretary. But what is this going to be about as far as God's plan? Why would I be in another job where I'll be spending 95-98% of my time alone? My first thought is Colorado. Only instead of going home to be alone, I'll be alone at work. But I also am spending a lot more time alone at home as well, so what's that about?

This is one big puzzle - I KNOW that God has a plan but I can not see it. I know HIS plans are more advanced than any man's thoughts or plans. He has placed me in this place for a reason so, what's that reason. With all the jobs I looked at, one of my greatest concerns was being alone in an office again - and here I am! Oh I know, there are some people down the hall and there will be a few people who bring me things but I've found that for the most part, when I'm alone in the office, I'm ALONE in the office.

OK, the plan - spend some time with Jesus and see if He won't give me some insight or a plan to do this again - and to do it in an even more hostile environment than I've been in before.

Somehow, just laying it all out like this has helped to lift some of the disappointment. Yep, I'm doing better - not because of anything magical about typing this out but because I know that Jesus has the plan and seeing that in black and white makes it even more powerful. Stay tuned and see what Jesus has to reveal in this situation! :)

No comments: