Monday, November 10, 2008

Turning 50

Today, I turned 50! I have so been looking forward to 50 ~ it is my year of jubliee! After the past year, actually, past several years, I'm ready for some jubliee!

What a gift God gave me first thing this a.m. - I take Snickers out and the golden leaves are raining down in my front yard. It was so beautiful to watch so many leaves all falling gently to the ground! The crisp fall air and the beautiful sun rise reflecting off the golden leaves.

Lunch with my dad - such a wonderful time for just me and him! We just chatted and it was pleasant - no stress at all!

Then tonight, my dear sister, has a limo pick me up and it is FULL of my dearest gift of all - my friends! We laughed and laughed. My first time in a limo and I must say - it was a TREAT!

As I reflect upon the dear faces that sat around the table I'm so amazed at the grace and mercy of God. To have such precious friends, ladies that I love to spend time with! Women of God who have braved the battles of life, laughed together and cried together. Women who bring a smile to my face when I just think of them.

Yes, 50 is fine! No mid-life crisis - all though I think I'm past mid-life anyway, but no crisis. How can there be regrets when I have so many blessings. How can getting older be bad when you have so many people to love? How can 50 be bad when God is so AMAZING! No regrets, only praise for the one who has given me more than I could have ever asked for or even imagined. A family that I LOVE more with each day. Friends to share life. God you are so good to me...forgive me for the times I let the everyday steal the joy of knowing you! Thank you for 50 amazing years and for whatever time you want me to have here on earth. Thank you God for the gift of my life!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so jealous! I miss you!!! I am so glad that you had a good Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday. I'm happy that you had such a wonderful time with your friends. What a blessing.

Thank you for your blog. Even though we're not in exact situations, there is always encouragement and insight reminding be I need to rely on God's will and not mine!!! It can be hard to know if I'm not still long enough to hear Him.tashy