Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elections & God's Will

As I was praying this morning about the election, I asked for God's will to be done. I know what my opinion of what I wanted that to be, because it would make my life more secure and less frightening.

Then tonight I was working on my Bible study and it was on learning through suffering. It all got my thoughts going with how I just hate to suffer. I'm such a spoiled American. I don't really know what suffering for my faith is all about. Even when I have suffered loss or difficult circumstances, it has not been like others who suffer TRUE hunger, loss of home, a family killed in an explosion, or the fear to walk the streets.

I know this, it is God's Will that Christ returns for the church one day. Perhaps, the events that have taken place today are necessary for that part of His will to happen. This I KNOW, God loves all men and desires none to be lost. God promised Jesus would return. God's will being done on this earth is my heart's cry. Nothing that happens is a surprise to God. So, in these days of uncertainty I choose to thank God that He works all things together for good and I commit to pray for my leaders and my country ~ more now than before!

No comments: